Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Jessner Peel Is The Truth!

My skincare journey started because of the condition of my skin due to hyper-pigmentation and PIH from tweezing excessive hair from PCOS.  I choose Jessner because my research indicated it was similar to a Vi Peel; I wanted the results without the price tag.  
 
My regimen began with washing my face with a non-acidic cleanser like Cetaphil. I would use MUAC mandelic acid/salicylic acid as directed for 2-3 weeks to prep my skin for a Jessner peel. During that time I also used MUAC Mandelic Acid toner as directed. I used the Jessner peel every 6 weeks (that was the instructions at the time) as directed for about 6 months ( the peeling schedule correlated with my laser hair removal schedule; I would peel a week after laser hair removal to combat the PIH). I used Cerave moisturizer and MUAC argan oil post peel. Sunscreen was always applied at SPF 30 or higher.   
 
The peel was uncomfortable however there is considerable peeling which = clearer skin. Every peel made my skin clearer and allowed me to use less make up. My skin looked younger, glowy, supple, smaller pores, and brighter skin. I got so many complements and had a lot more confidence. I've tried other MUAC products and although they were okay this product give results in a reasonable time frame I won't waste my money on any other products.   
Before

After

Before
After