Thursday, November 6, 2014

REVIEW - Back in March I came down with what my doctor called the worst case of shingles she's seen in the 40 years she's been treating patients.  The virus attacked the entire left side of my upper body leaving my decolletage and arm terribly scarred.  Both my doctor and my dermatologist told me that barring plastic surgery I was likely to have visible scarring on my chest and arm for the rest of my days.  I was devastated.  After six weeks of horrible pain I was going to have to deal with a scar I could do little to hide.

The dermatologist did mention that once the raw skin had healed I could try having chemical peels done to help fade the scar some, though she cautioned me not to be too optimistic, and gave me the name of a colleague who could do the peels.

Having had such great results with your facial peels I thought I'd give the 5 Acid Body Peel a try before I started paying a premium for what my insurance wouldn't cover as it was considered a cosmetic procedure.  I used the peel religiously once per week, and by the second month I started seeing a remarkable difference in the scarring.  The redness was fading and the puckered / lumpy texture was starting to smooth out.  Once my skin had become accustomed to the the peel I added in twice daily use of the Retinol .30%

I could not have predicted or hoped for better results.  Both my doctor and my dermatologist have told me how shocked they are with the way the skin looks.  There are still a few bumps and a little discoloration, but nothing like what I was expected to have.
Recently I ran out of the Retinol .30% and decided to try the BellEvolve .50% Retinol Lotion so far it hasn't helped the discoloration, but the skin already feels more elastic and smooth. The attached pictures show how bad it was at its worst, and the current state of the scarring. 

Thank you Makeup Artist's Choice for making such wonderful products.
Jessica



Before
After