Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I have always had acne, but never in my life had I ever had cystic acne. However, around November of 2013, my face suddenly broke out in moderate to severe acne along my cheeks and jaw. I had no idea how to treat it as my usually acne products, which included multiple types of oral and topical antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, salicylic acid and tea tree oil, were not helping my skin in the slightest. My doctor kept prescribing me different antibiotics, but it didn't seem to help. 

After a few months of depression due to my persistent breakout, I finally began using some MUAC products, which I had heard a great deal about. I used the lactic acid peel in 40% weekly, and used the mandelic acid toner daily. They have turned my skin around quite dramatically. 

Today my acne is under control and I have stopped using all other acne products. I use a plain gentle cleanser followed by the mandelic acid toner and I still do weekly lactic acid peels. My scarring is clearing up very well. 

I have ordered the 12.5% TCA peel and am excited about trying it for a deeper peel for my marks. I am amazed at how my MUAC products helped clear my skin. I was depressed for months, but thankfully I was able to get out, see people, and live a healthy life again after creating a MUAC regimen.


Before

After