Thursday, March 24, 2016


I have been battling with strange comedonal acne ever since I did my first laser resurfacing treatment back in end-April 2015. From three to four blackheads at my jaw lines, the comedones grew to clusters and eventually invaded my whole face. I had to cover with thick makeup but we all know no makeup could cover the 3D bumps from skin! 
 
I decided to go to the best dermatologist in Singapore and had to fork out a fortune only to make my skin worse. I was prescribed with Differrin and Stieva-A to cure what the doctor said as hormonal acne. My skin kept purging to the point my face is infested with cystic acne.
 
I had to deal with cystic and comedonal acne from June to August until the doctor suggested me to do chemical peel on my face. I did and had to pay so much per session. I thought no way I am going to go broke doing chemical peel. The result was okay, so I thought there must be a cheaper alternative to this. 
 
And I found MUAC online in end-August 2015. I made my first order in September 2015. My acne was miraculously subsided. Comedonal acne disappeared overnight after I used 15% Salicylic Acid peel. I alternated with Fade Peel to remove the scars left behind. My dermatologist was astonished with the result when I went for my final visit to her clinic in end -September 2015. I have tried 40% Mandelic Acid, Mandelic Salicylic Peel, Fade Peel , 15% SA peel, 40% Lactic Acid Peel and my conclusion is as below:
 
- my fav peel to remove acne overnight is 15% Salicylic Acid Peel.
- Fade Peel is superb in removing any form of scars and discoloration. This includes minor depressed scars.
- 40% Lactic Acid peel is great for a more hydrated and brightened look. Awesome to use if you have any dinner the next day. I left the acid on skin for 4 -5 minutes.
 
Because I had the tendency to pick my pimples, I was left with depressed scars. I didn't have the guts to try TCA peel so I used Fade Peel every week in December 2015 to even out my skin texture. I pair up with Niacinamide Serum and Syn Hycan serum for the extra boost.  I also use Gly-luronic Acid and Phytocell Renewal Serum. 
 
The before photo was taken in Dec 2015 when I still have some pimples and many disturbing depressed scars. My skin on the right photo looks good with only light loose powder. No concealer and foundation needed. I am proud to say that I have no more depressed scars on my face.
 
I have to thank Wendy for her tireless explanation because I tend to ask too many questions. I owe MUAC on the full recovery of my skin. Even my friends and colleagues asked if anything was done on my skin because it looks smooth now.
 
Thanks MUAC. I will always buy from you and will always turn to your marvelous peels to improve my skin. :)